Pages

Thursday, September 11, 2014

Orange Center

Here is our Orange Center.






 
My assistant who does not do the ABLLS pullout runs my orange and purple center. And he does a great job! This center has a lot going on and is all about multi-tasking for my assistant. Now that my students are becoming more independent with their schedules and at the centers, orange center is becoming a little less hectic.

Here are the flash card bins for each student.

 

Each bin has 1-3 sets of flash cards for each student. Group A and B work on dolch sight words at their level as well as math problems, numbers, coins, clocks and anything else they need more work on. Group C works on picture cards, numbers, and letters. Since these students are non-verbal they work on receptively identifying the cards out of a field of 2 or 3. So my assistant will work on these cards with one student at a time and take data on the amount of correct and prompted responses.

While one student is working on their flash cards, the other two look in their schedules at the orange section and see what number they have to do. This is where my kiddos are getting more independent. Group A and B are able to do this step almost completely independently (just a few verbal prompts needed).
 
This is where the numbered activities are stored for this center. I tried to do mostly fine motor actvities at this center because our kiddos can always use help with those skills.
 
 
Later on I will go into detail about what each number entails.
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment