Pages

Thursday, September 18, 2014

Language Arts Routine

Language Arts:
We start every language arts lesson by going over our monthly vocabulary words. We are currently on our last week with our back to school unit and we will be starting our community workers unit next week. I try to do each unit for about 3 weeks. I also send home a list of the words and if requested by a parent I will send home picture or word cards for the students to practice with at home. My units include file folder games, writing practice worksheets, a bingo game, matching worksheets, an adapted story, and read it write it stamp it paste it worksheets. All of the activities in each unit include multiple levels. Click here for my back to school unit!

 
 

I also use reading A-Z with my students. I like it because it includes worksheets and activities to go along with each story. There are also different levels of stories. I use level aa for my group C. These stories are short and the worksheets are usually dedicated to a single letter or story concept. I read these stories aloud to this group. My group B uses the level A stories. These use repetitive words but also introduces new words and concepts. So far we have learned about baby animals and about the letter s. My students in this group read the story along with me. Group A uses level C. This level also includes a comprehension worksheet and will discuss different reading strategies. My 2 students in this group take turns reading the pages.
I will also do seasonal related language arts activities that I find on TPT.

0 comments:

Post a Comment