Pages

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Morning Routine and Morning Meeting

8:15- Pick up students from before care
8:20- Begin carpool

The majority of my students get dropped off every morning by a family member. I will usually go out to carpool to get the kids while my assistants stay back with the ones in the classroom. As soon as one of my kiddos comes into the room they will take out their lunchboxes and place them on top of the crates and then take out their take home binder and put it in the green crate.

They will then put their backpacks in their cubby.









Once their belongings are away they will check themselves in on the door. Each student has a popscicle stick with their picture on it. 


Once carpool is over I will come in and check their take home binders for any notes or papers that are
turned into the office. While I am doing this, my kiddos are having some free time to play before we get started for the day.
8:50- Bathroom
9:00- Check Schedules









9:00- First group goes to ABLLS, other groups have morning meeting
9:00-9:20- Morning meeting with 2 groups

I will do morning meeting with 2 groups of kiddos at the yellow kidney table. My assistant who does'nt do ABLLS will assist students who need more prompting and also reinforce appropriate morning meeting behaviors.

Before starting morning meeting or any rotation we go over the rules and every once in awhile we will go over the "Good Beavior/Bad Behavior" poster.
 

Here is our morning meeting board. We do a question of the week and each student has the opportunity to annswer the question (found these on the autism helpers TPT store!). We then graph the number of students that picked each option. We usully graph on Wednesday once all groups have answered the questions. Thursday and Friday I will ask questions about the graph. (Which has more? Which has less? etc.) Once the calendar routine is finished, I will read a social story that may pertain to a particular student in that group or read a story related to a holiday or theme.

Here is our morning meeting book. Each student uses a book like this during morning meeting. Some books include pictures while others do not. It goes over the weather, day of the week, month, season, and the rules. This is where my assistant will prompt students if needed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment