Pages

Friday, September 12, 2014

Friday Reflections

These past two weeks in science we have been learning about outer space. I posted on my last Friday Reflections about the unit that I created and is for sale on TPT. So today we did some fun activities relating to outer space!

Here is our outer space edible. It is a rocket made with saltine crackers, yellow cheese and twizzlers.


 

This is our craft that we made! I found the idea on pinterest! It is made with two paper plates and tin foil wrapped around the outside of one plate. We had to add some glitter to represent the stars of course! This project took a bit of prep time before the kids arrived but it was defininetly worth it!

 
 

We also made OOBLEK today. 2 parts corn starch to 1 part water and we added some green food coloring. Since this activity is a bit messy we did it outside but my kids loved it!

What Worked: I had been having some trouble last week and early this week with one of my kiddos not listening and following directions. We noticed that a Wall-E toy we had in the classroom seemed to be really reinforcing for him so we decided to make a plan using the Wall-E of course. We made a Wall-E puzzle for my kiddo and once he gets all of the puzzle pieces, he is able to play with Wall-E for 15 minutes. How does he earn his pieces? Every 15 min that he follows directions and listens to his teachers he can earn one piece of the puzzle. If there is an instance where he does not listen, his timer will start all over again. It was worked wonders! I am so happy about how this has been working and his mom even asked me to make one for him to send home. THANK YOU WALL-E!

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment