Pages

Monday, August 18, 2014

Classroom Reveal!

After three weeks of arranging, rearranging, labeling, velcroing, etc. I have finally completed my room! I love color and a bright and cheerful setting! But of course my room is functional and organized. My principal likes us to use themes for our rooms so this year I have chosen birds.  I will go into certain areas of the room a little deeper in later posts. I hope you like my home away from home! :)
 
Welcome to my classroom! (Classroom door of course)


Found this idea on pinterest! One of our classroom jobs is to change our location.




 I got these clip boards from the dollar store! This is where student work will be displayed

 





Back to school bulletin board!
 
Here is the door from the inside of the room. Important student info is at the top. Student check in and out which will have student pictures on popsicle sticks. Those will also be used when the student goes to speech or OT/PT. And some important visuals which are included in my visuals pack on TPT!
 
 
 
 
View from the door. Yes, the classroom is very small. But we make do!
 
 
Here is my desk. The curtain is up to hide some of the clutter!
 
 
Here is the right side of my room.
 
 
Crate cubbies! I love how they turned out and I am super excited to use them this year :) Above the crates is the birthday wall!
 
 
Another view of the right side of the room. There is a "computer closed" sign on the computers. They are included in my visuals pack on TPT!
 
 
The bulletin board above the computers. The birds have the students names on them.
 
 
Here is my orange center!
 
 
Another view of the orange center.
 
 
Here are the tubs that hold flash cards for each student on his/her level at the orange center. An assistant will do the cards with them and take data.
 
 
Here are the fine motor tasks that students will complete when it is not their turn to practice their flash cards. Each student will do 2 fine motor tasks while waiting for their turn to do flash cards.
 
 
Visuals at the orange center!
 
 
Here is my u-table that I am so excited about this year! At this table, we do morning meeting every morning. I also work with students on IEP goals and take data in groups of 2 or 3. This is also where reading, math, science, and social studies takes place in groups of 2 or 3.
 
 
Here is a close up of my morning meeting board. This board was made with the help of my dad and is on wheels! The other side includes vocabulary words and math, science, and social studies topics that we are working on.
 
 
Here is our break/ play time area.
 
 
A close up of my crate bench!
 
 
Here are the toys. Stored in this shelf from Aldi's (a great price)
 
   
 
Magnet board next to the break area.
 
 
Here is my super cute weather boy! I love how interactive this is! I used Velcro to stick on all the pieces.
 
 
Here is the yellow center! It is my sensory center that will be strategically placed in students schedules when they need a little work break. Included at this center are a sand table (donated from donors choose!) and a three drawer bin with shaving cream, lotion, sensory bottles, bubbles, and playdoh. An assistant monitors this center of course!
 
 
A view of the entire left side of the room. The alphabet at the top of the board goes with the bird theme. They can be purchased on my TPT store!
 
 
Purple Center!
 
 
Here are the labeled tasks for this center. Each student has to complete three tasks at this center.
 
 
 
 
I hope you enjoyed my room!
 
Chelsea
 
 
 
 

 


 
 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment